Sunday 25 December 2016

Rei and Mon Chapter 2

"I'm going to wash up first...thank you" Rei grabbed the toothbrush and towel in my hand and gave me a peck on the cheeks.

"Mmm...do you want a change of clothes? Well I don't have a decent pajamas. All I'm wearing is this UNIQLO heattech long sleeves and sweatpants." my arms crossed as I leaned against the toilet door looking at her reflection on the mirror.

"Do you have a sweater?" She mumbled with toothpaste foam in her mouth.

"I do. Do you want the pineapple prints one?" I said jokingly.

"Anything is fine. As long I'm not naked..." she spat out the foam

"Oh how I wish" I walked away into my bedroom laughing to look for the pineapple prints sweater.
Good thing the closet doors are the sliding ones or I'm gonna break them tonight. I grabbed the sweater and a pair of thick leggings and handed over to Rei.

"Thanks." her eyes are still slightly red from crying...

"I will be in the kitchen if you need anything." I walked to the kitchen cabinets to grab two tea bags, soak them in warm water and let them chill in the fridge. I went back my room to check emails on my phone. I lay flat on my belly while scrolling through the inbox...hmm nothing new it seems...

"Mon? I thought you said you were at the kitchen?"

"Hmm? Oh I'm done so I waited for you here." I reached to the drawer at my night stand and took out two facial mask. "Do you want to use it? It's cucumber and is said to restore moisture and leaves your skin glowing...you definitely need this."

"Then don't ask." Rei walked over and took it from my hands.

"So mean..." I pouted as she ignored me and headed to the toilet to put it on. I just stared at her figure exiting the room...

Rei is a fashion designer and a costume maker. She is known for her well made costumes, mostly male costumes. Rei is older than me by a couple of years but age...is just another number.
I am an event organiser and manager. Mon is a nickname given by Rei as she said Mon sounds cuter than Mong which is my actual name. Mong in Chinese means dream. I actually quite like the nickname Mon, one of the reason is because it was created by Rei.

While I was still an intern, I met Rei at a local cafe, she had really short hair like a guy's hair cut. She had always been skinny and always worn hoodies. At that time, I was actually on a research trip to Japan to learn more about what my client wanted...a traditional Japanese themed hi-tea. I went to this cafe nearby my homestay to ask for information and study modern Japanese style hi-tea hoping I could get some ideas.

I ordered a hot mocha and started brainstorming over everything that I found. I probably had smoke coming out of my head. At that moment, Rei who was at the opposite side of the half wall asked if I was fine because I seemed distressed. Obviously I said no. And so we introduced ourselves and she kindly offered advises and helped. She was kind enough to even draw out the costumes plans.

I felt in debt to her and so I asked for her contact info to buy her meal. Or so I thought, she insisted that a tea break with her is fine and brought me to her favourite neighbourhood cafe. We talked mostly about ourselves and actually became friends after that. As for how we became who we are now, that's another story.

I got out of bed and went to take out the teabags from the fridge and place them in a bowl. I met Rei at the toilet door and I held her hand and walked back to my room. We were on the futon.

"Here. Lay down" I patted my laps as I kneel on the futon. I placed the bowl next to me and Rei slowly rested her head onto of my lap. She looked up at me and pushed my long hair over the ears. Rei grabbed my hands and pressed her lips on them. Technically she pressed my hands on her lips.

"Mon is so pretty..." she said when her lips parted my skin.

"Sh...Shut up!"

"Oh I see someone is blushing!" she laughs as she teased me

"Don't look! Close your eyes!" I took the teabags from the bowl

"Why?" she questions but still does it anyway.

"This." I gently placed the teabags on her eyes.

"GAAHH!! It's cold!!" her hands came up to grip mine as soon as the teabags touches her eyelids.
"What was that for?" she whimpered.

"You cried and you will have puffy eyes the next morning...this is for that" she loosened her grip and started caressing them gently. "And for teasing me just now...I wonder who was a sobbing mess just now" I poked her right cheek when she lets go of my hands.

"Gah!"

 Rei has a sharp jaw, she was very attractive, well to me at least. My hands reached down to her shoulders to give her a light massage.

"Oooh don't stop. This is nice"
"もう少しだけでいい~ あと少しだけでいい~" she started singing to RADWIMPS song

"Hey don't sing! They say if you move your face around too much when you're wearing a facial mask, you'll get wrinkles." and she stopped.

"もう少しだけでいい~ あと少しだけでいい~" I continued, she giggles.

"The teabags aren't cold anymore. I'll remove them now." Rei blinked her eyes open

"Eh? Mon you didn't use the mask?" I looked up to the unopened mask on my bed...

"Oh. I forgot. I was too occupied by someone." I peeled off the mask on Rei and threw it into the trash can next to my desk. I almost missed but still it went in with the 2 teabags. Her hands rubbed the stuff on her face to maximize absorption and down her neck too. I just looked down at her doing her stuff. Suddenly she wiped her hands on my face.

"Hey! That was uncalled for!" her hands reached to the back of my head and gently pulled me in for a kiss on the lips. It was a long kiss before we parted. "So uncalled for..." I ran my index finger over my lips...

"Your ears are red too...so cute"

"Whose fault do you think it was?! Get off me, I have to wash up now. Hmph!" Rei sits up and I got up to the toilet. Rei lays back down with a hand supporting her head smirking while watching me exiting the room. After I'm done, I walked back to my room with a glass of water. I halted at my door when I saw Rei hugging my pillow.

"What in the world are you doing to my pillow."

"They smelled like you"

"Give me that" I snatched back my pillow.
"This is yours" I gave her the one on the futon. I dropped my pillow and blanket next to her.

"Huh? You're not gonna sleep on your bed?" She took the blanket and covered herself

"No. I want to sleep with you. It's not often that we get to do this." I placed my pillow next to hers

"Hmm aren't you scared that I might do something to you?" she smirked

"I...I'm fine with that...it's 11 we should just sleep" I tried to avoid her gaze.

"What's with you? Blushing and all..." she started laughing

"Fine, I'm sleeping on the bed." I was about to stand up.

"Wait. Don't. I was joking. I won't do anything. Come here." She opened up the blanket and pats the space in front of her.

I stood up and walked to door.

"Mon where are you going?"

"To close the door and switch off the lights you idiot."

"I thought you were mad at me..." the light went off and I carefully walked back to the futon. I crawled into Rei's arm and wrapped the blanket around us.
"How could I be mad at you." We closed our eyes and our lips met. It was gentle but long. Rei used my chapstick, she tasted like cherry. I won't need a heater for tonight, Rei is warm enough.

I turned around so my back is facing Rei, it's hard for me to fall asleep when she's right in front of me. Her arms wrapped around my waist and she kissed my nape which sent shiver down my spine, "Mon, I love you."

"..."
"I love you too"

To be continued~
_____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment